This Uganda Visa requirement information is meant to serve as a guide only. Requirements for Uganda visas and entry into Uganda differ from country to country, are subject to change, and each Uganda visa application is treated as an individual case. Always make visa inquiries before travelling to Uganda.
What is a Uganda Visa? Who needs it?
A Uganda visa is a clearance permitting an individual to proceed to visit Uganda. Uganda visas are issued at Missions/Embassies abroad and also at the entry and exit points of Uganda like Entebbe airport, Busia border, Malaba border etc.
In 1999 Uganda introduced visa requirements for all visitors and people entering Uganda except nationals of a few countries. There are different types of visas needed depending on what you are going to do in Uganda: Student Visas, Single Entry visas, Multiple Entry 6 months visas, Multiple Entry 1 year visas, or Inland Transit visas.
If you arrive or enter Uganda without a valid travel visa, you may be fined and immediately deported at your own expense.
You must obtain a Uganda Government VISA before entry into Uganda.
To obtain a Uganda Government VISA the following are required:
Fill out both sides of Visa Application Form "J".
Submit your passport and two (2) passport-size photographs.
1. A passport issued by your government valid for at least six months. Your passport must also be valid past the date of your expected departure from Uganda.
(Passport must be signed.)
2. One completed Uganda visa application form.
3. Two passport-size photo taken within the past six months.
4. International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever.
5. Letter from applicant's company if travelling for business (on company letterhead and signed by someone other than the applicant)
More details on applying and obtaining Uganda Visa can be found by visiting the websites of the Uganda Ministry of Immigration or the Ugandan Embassy/High Commission in your country.
The Immigration Office Uganda
Ministry of Internal Affairs
Plot 75, Jinja Road – Kampala
P.O.Box 7165 Kampala