Introduction This business idea is for making card board cartons from recycled cardboard. Cardboard boxes…
URA has basically four (4) import regimes.
IM4 – Direct Import for Home use
IM5 – Temporary Import
IM6 – Re-Import
IM7 – Customs Warehousing
- Importer appoints a Customs Agent and hands him all related documents.
- The appointed agent prepares an electronic customs declaration (Single Administrative Document – SAD) at any Direct Trader Input (DTI) center.
- A printout is generated and payment must be made in the authorized bank.
Documents to attach
- – Profoma invoice
- – Commercial invoice (mandatory)
- – Insurance certificates (where applicable)
- – Freight invoices (where applicable)
- – Sales Contract/Agreement (where applicable)
- – Certificate of Origin (for preferential rate, it is mandatory)
- -Shipment documents e.g.
- • Bill of Lading (mandatory)
- • Airway Bill (mandatory)
- • Railway Consignment Note (mandatory)
- – Export documents where applicable e.g.
- • Export entry —- South Africa
- • Shipping Bills —India
- • Form E —- Pakistan
- – Payment documents – Cash (Telegraphic Transfer – T/T)
- • Letter of Credit
- • Bill of Exchange.
- – Others.
- • Fumigation Certificate – used cloth and shoes
- • Phytosanitary Certificates – for plants, seeds, soil, timber, agro chemicals, etc
- -Permits for restricted (regulated) goods
Customer Care Desk
Kampala Customs Business Center (CBC)
Uganda Revenue Authority