UK Visa application forms
On this page you will find all the application forms and guidance notes that you need to make a visa application. All pdf forms and guidance notes open in a new window. If you have any problems downloading the forms, please use the UK Border Agency you can find an application form on their website.
Some visa application centres accept online applications. To find out if you may or should apply online please check our Apply online section. If you are not in the UK, and if you cannot apply online you will need to fill in a visa application form. You can get a form, free of charge, from your nearest British mission overseas that offers a visa service, or you can download the form you need from the list of application forms below.
Completing the forms
• Please read the guidance notes for help in completing these forms.
• The forms must be completed in English, using blue or black ink.
• You will need to fill in only one application form, according to the type of application you will make.
• However, a separate application form must be completed for each person that is travelling with you (for example, if you are travelling with 2 children, you must complete an application form for yourself, as well as an application form for each of the children travelling with you – so in this example 3 forms in total).
Non points-based system
Transfer of a valid visa/entry clearance into a new passport/travel document
Points-based system (PBS)
- Application form VAF9 – PBS Migrant
- PBS Migrant guidance notes
- Application form VAF10 – PBS Dependant
- PBS Dependant guidance notes
You must complete the correct self-assessment form, from the list below, and submit a printed copy with the application form VAF9. The self-assessment form must be completed after you have got your points score from the electronic Self – assessment points-based calculator (not available for Appendices 8 and 9).
- PBS Appendix 2 Investor self assessment form
- PBS Appendix 3 Entrepreneur self assessment form
- PBS Appendix 4 Post-Study Work self assessment form
- PBS Appendix 5 Skilled Worker self assessment form
- PBS Appendix 6 Temporary Worker assessment form
- PBS Appendix 7 Youth Mobility Scheme assessment form
PBS Appendix 8 General Student self assessment form
- PBS Appendix 9 Child Student self assessment form
If you are outside the United Kingdom and your application has been refused, you can ask us to review your application using the Administrative Review Request Notice form below. Please read the guidance notes for help with completing this form.
Sponsorship Undertaking Form (SU07)
If you are applying for settlement as the parent, grandparent or other dependent relative of someone in the UK, your sponsor needs to complete and sign the Sponsorship Undertaking Form (SU07) below. By signing this form, your sponsor confirms that they will be responsible for your maintenance and accommodation in the UK. You should include this completed form when you make your settlement application.
Application forms for diplomats and members of foreign governments
Diplomats and officials travelling to or through the UK for private reasons (for example, tourism, study) should continue to use the usual visa application forms. However, diplomats coming on a posting to the UK and members of foreign governments coming to the UK on official business or passing through the UK to another country on official business should complete the appropriate diplomatic application form. Please use the links below to download them.
Form VAFDIP1 is for diplomats posted to the UK. Form VAFDIP1(DEP) is for their dependants coming with them. Form VAFDIP2 is for diplomats travelling to the UK on official business and for members of foreign governments travelling to the UK on goverment business. VAFDIP3 is for diplomats who are ‘in transit’ through the UK to take up a diplomatic posting in another country or for members of foreign governments who are ‘in transit’ through the UK to another country on official business.
- Diplomatic Posting to UK – Application form VAFDIP1
- Diplomatic Posting to UK, dependant – Application form VAFDIP1DEP
- Official visit to UK – Application form VAFDIP2
- Official transit through UK – Application form VAFDIP3
- Diplomatic visa application forms – Guidance notes